Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm a lucky girl!



Bob and I have been married for five years and have never had to purchase a dining table. We ate on the kitchen floor for the first five or six months and then my sister in-law Kristie found a table and chairs at a yard sale for a few bucks and bought it for herself and then ended up giving it to us. We still use it for our kitchen table. When we bought this house we had an empty space where the official dining room should be and then Cat gave me a table that was given to her which she no longer has use of. It was small but worked for the time being but did look a little odd seeing as it had no chairs for it. Anyway a couple of weeks ago I was up north visiting family and my husband told me to go to my most favorite store in the world in snowflake, The White Chair, to pick out my Mother’s Day present. So without argument I simply obliged. While there I found the perfect table to fill that spot but it was way out of my price range and didn't even include the chairs so I lost the excitement of it all pretty quick. When I got home I told Bob about it in passing. I just mentioned that I found this great table that was just perfect but way too expensive. And then that was it. I went on not thinking much about it after that. WELL I guess Bob didn't he called the owner of the store talked her way down on her price and got me all the chairs to go with it, then surprised me with on Saturday. Hence the title "I'm a lucky girl".

4 comments:

Jarrod & Lisa said...

Congratulations! I know how excited you were about your find. Can't wait for you to serve us a wonderful meal at your new table. Remember, we'll be coming down soon!

Cat said...

I bet your glad you didn't fight the whole archery thing. It looks very nice in your home. What are you going to do with the one I gave you?

kristal said...

This set is beautiful!!! I'm soo glad I ran acrossed your blog!!!!
I'm very jealous of your table set. We have a $10 craigslist table that I LOVE, but our mismatched chairs are slowly dying. ug! Guess it's time to hit the antique malls again . haha!

jody j balda said...

Thanks I love it I admire it every time I walk passed it. I thought I would have to wait much longer to get THE table but like cat alluded to if you support the hubby in all his little things he will eventually come around to supporting yours. I have not yet found a perfect use for the one it replaced but I hope to soon. I have a few ideas stewing. I will let you know when I do though. Bob said I should get rid of it but I just let him think I will till I find another use for it, that he will then think is brilliant I am sure, he usually does.