Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My little garden, and tiny little feet.

Well today was a frustrating day for me. My son as of late has become very difficult to deal with. I do not know what is going on growing pains I guess. But to top it all off today I had my niece and nephew over to play and was enjoying the break for a little bit when my niece came in and told me that Nehemiah and Jacob were walking in the flowers, "I think they think it is grass" she said. So I go out to find most of my flowers trampled to the ground. Why do I even try. I clean my house just so I can clean it again five minutes later I try and make my yard nice just so all my hard work can be trampled under foot by two little monsters, as cute as they may be. Tonight I am feeling very much a failure as a mother and a home maker. And being very tired does not help me much in my self loathing. I love my kids to bits but I have to say some days I wouldn't mind if they were able to go to grandmas for the day:). But tomorrow is another day and I have every intention of getting up and trying again....I just wish I didn't have to.

3 comments:

C&KMillerAcres said...

HI! This is Kylie. I didn't know you had a blog. We're ckmilleracres.blogspot.com. I had a baby a couple of months ago. Go check out how cute he is. And I'm sure you're not a failure!

Cat said...

Difficult as of late? That's funny. You make me laugh! Oh little sister, wait till he's a teenager & tramples on your feelings. I'm glad I'm not the only one that wants to throw in the towel somedays. Don't beat yourself up, your not a failure. Next time teach him to plant the flowers with you, maybe he'll feel some ownership. Love ya.

Erin said...

Oh wow...I totally know these feelings. Motherhood is a battlefield. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing, but I think if we do just get up and try every day then we're winning really. And I think we get some freebies when we don't HAVE to get up and try (like when our hubby lets us sleep in or the kids do get to go to grandma's for the day). I know you are an amazing mom!