Friday, December 19, 2008

On the Side of the Road in Joe-City.


So this bench was a great find. I drove past it nearly everyday growing up in my little home town of Joseph City. It was set out side of an old run down auto shop. Bob and I were about to move to a bigger apartment and I was up visiting my parents to go to some yard sales to find old furniture for cheep to fix up. on my last day there I drove past this old bench again and decided that I would add it to my collection so I found out that the old auto shop belonged to my best friend Jana's grandparents. I called her grandma offered to buy it and she gave it to me instead. So here it sits safe and warm to welcome those who come to my home. I still have to give it a good sanding and wax job but for now it will wait in it's old weathered dried out glory.

No comments: